THE FORMER LOOP COURSE: starting at First and Broadway Streets (in front of JCTC) and finishing in the same place.
Below is a text version of the FORMER course:
Miles Course Route Street Directions
0 mi Start on E Broadway at 1st St
1.40 mi Head east on E Broadway toward Baxter Ave
1.45 mi Slight right onto Cherokee Rd
1.57 mi Head southeast on Cherokee Rd
1.98 mi Left onto Grinstead Dr toward Everett Ave
2.94 mi Left onto Etley Ave toward Lexington Rd
3.04 mi Left onto on Lexington Rd
4.56 mi Slight right onto E Liberty St toward Baxter Ave
4.7 mi Right onto Baxter Ave
4.83 mi Hard left turn onto E Chestnut St toward E Liberty St
5.16 mi Head southwest on E Chestnut St
5.2 mi Continue onto Chestnut Street Connector
5.3 mi Continue onto S Campbell St
5.38 mi Right onto E Broadway
6.2 mi Finish at 1st & Broadway
THE COURSE BASICS
• The event will use the same course in downtown Louisville, starting and finishing near 1st and Broadway.
View the course, Start/Finish maps below! The event will begin promptly at 8:00 AM (rain or shine)!
• Traffic control, safety and security provide by the Louisville Metro Police Department.
• There will be EMS units and medical bike teams on the course provided by Yellow Ambulance service, a division of Louisville Transportation Co. Emergency Medical Services, courtesy of Jewish Sports Medicine. Medical Aide Station at the Finish courtesy of KentuckyOne Health Sports Medicine.
• Four cup-filling water stations will be provided on the course (including the finish):
• Water Station 1 courtesy of Signature Healthcare.
• Water Station 2 courtesy of the Girl Scouts of Kentuckiana.
• Water Station 3 courtesy of Stock Yards Bank & Trust and Duplicator Sales & Service.
• The Finish area Water Stop will also be a cup-filling station courtesy of JCTC.
• There will also be a isotonic beverage station at the finish provided in part by Gatorade.
All biodegradable cups and Pure Tap water courtesy of the Louisville Water Company.
CLICK HERE for more info on the Water Stations.
DIGITAL CLOCKS/MILE MARKERS/TIME SPLITS
• Digital Clocks will be positioned along the course and the finish line courtesy of Cherokee Road Runners, Pacers and Racers and Ken Combs Running Store.
(Many thanks to Bill Scearce and his team for all their efforts and assistance with the clocks and splits!)
• Mile Markers and split callers will also be positioned at every mile. These services are provided by Trinity High School Cross Country/Track Teams.
• There are 80 portable restrooms on the course:
START/FINISH AREA - Restroom units are located at both at the entrance to the 5th Street Parking Garage and in the Jefferson Community Technical College lot on Broadway between 1st and 2nd Streets.
COURSE - There are multiple units on Etley (crosses from Grinstead Dr. to Lexington Rd.)
PLEASE BE COURTEOUS TO OUR NEIGHBORING BUSINESSES AND DO NOT USE THEIR FACILITIES!
• Runners and walkers will be required to line up at the starting line according to Pre Race Seeding. The race will begin promptly at 8:00 a.m. (rain or shine). Remember, this year's race offers the ChronoTrack Timing System disposable B-Tag so your time is clocked according to when you cross the starting mat, not when you hear the starter pistol.
• Runners with qualifying race times will be given bib numbers 1 through 200 and will line up closest to the starting line (see “Seeding” under Race Info). All other runners will line up behind the elite section according to their estimated course finish time (i.e., "8 minute mile," "8:30 minute mile," etc.)
Note: Awards are based on gun time, not chip time.
• Walkers will be asked to line up after all runners.
Absolutely no participant is allowed on the course prior to 8:00 a.m. (EDT).
Any participant on the race course before 8:00 a.m. will be asked to leave the course.
The following are strictly prohibited from the course at all times:
• Walkers who line up close to the start, which impedes the safe pace of runners!
• Roller Skates (including in-line Skates)
• Bicycles (including Hand Crank Bicycles)
• Animals (No Pets!)
• Any gas or electrical operated vehicle, i.e. motor scooters
• NO DRONES/UAVs ALLOWED ON THE COURSE*
Race officials reserve the right to disqualify or remove from the course any participant whose activity violates any condition set forth above or who poses a potential harm to himself/herself or any other participant.
*The race has all the necessary permits for the streets and surrounding areas. This includes the air space for the Start/Finish areas and all streets on and surrounding the course. The use of drones or unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV) during the event is strictly prohibited.
IMPORTANT: Runners have 2 hours to complete the course (by 10:00 a.m.). Finish line area facilities will officially close at that time. ALL participants should be aware that each race has a course time limit and individuals MUST maintain minimum race pace (19:20 for the 10K). If you fail to maintain this pace, you may be pulled from the course or be asked to finish the race on the sidewalk without police protection.
The following streets will be closed, or have their traffic disrupted, during the following times:
6:30 am to 11:00 am
Broadway from Brook to Second Sts.
7:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
Broadway from Fifth Street to Third Street (Fifth will remain open N/B)
Third Street will remain open to cross traffic until 7:30am
7:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
Baxter Avenue from Jefferson Street to Breckinridge Street
Cherokee Road from Baxter Avenue to Grinstead Drive
Grinstead from Cherokee Road to Lexington Road
Lexington Road from Grinstead to Liberty Street/E. Chestnut
Liberty Street from Lexington Road to E. Chestnut
The following streets will have no parking on them from 4:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
Broadway from 5th Street to Baxter Avenue
Cherokee Road from Baxter Avenue to Grinstead Drive
Grinstead Drive from Cherokee Road to Lexington Road
E. Chestnut from Liberty to Broadway
The 5th Street Garage is available for parking on race day, but it only has 800 spaces so it’s “first come, first serve” and you’ll need to arrive early to get a spot. It’s best to come south on 3rd street (which will be open until around 7:00-7:30), turn right on York, and right aging on 5th St. (open indefinitely) across Broadway. The Garage is on the right before you get to Chestnut. There are also numerous indoor and outdoor parking garages & lots in the area.
CLICK HERE for a map of parking facilities around the Louisville area.
JCTC has made 3 lots available for free race day parking:
CLICK HERE for (limited) parking available compliments of Jefferson Community Technical College. You may ONLY park in lots SP-4, SP-5, SP-6 and SP-7. All other JCTC lots are closed for the event or being used by students and faculty.
CLICK HERE to download the race route map!